Provincial Youth Gathering at Assembly 2017
Planned by a team of Anglican youth pastors across North America, Assembly 2017 includes a full youth experience—not just an invitation to a conference that’s really for their parents!
Youth groups will join the adults for morning and evening sessions, but will have their own breakout sessions with prominent speakers, in addition to games (ALIENS!!!!) and other activities. This is an all-inclusive (food + lodging) three-day experience!
Youth Speakers Include
- Reverend Paco Amador
Plus: Chicago Inner-City Mission Trip
The theme of this year’s Provincial Assembly is “Mission on our Doorstep.” It doesn’t make sense to talk about mission without doing mission, so we’ve planned an exciting 3 days of mission work in inner city Chicago as a part of this year’s Provincial Youth Gathering! The trip is in partnership with the experienced Center for Student Missions (CSM.org) Chicago center.
The Assembly Gathering ends at 1pm on Friday, June 30. At this time, the youth will move to the mission base of CSM Chicago where we’ll get settled and begin briefing by 5pm. (Transportation is not provided.) CSM staff will then guide us on a prayer tour through different Chicago neighborhoods, as we begin to broaden our understanding of communities different than our own. On Sunday morning we’ll split up to worship with neighborhood congregations.
The next three days will be spent rotating between 2-3 already established ministry sites where groups will have experiences working alongside volunteers with homeless ministries, soup kitchens, food banks, etc. Dinner each night will be in the areas we’ve been ministering. The mission time in Chicago will end Monday evening with a speaker, time of worship and more games! At the conclusion of this evening, we will travel to Church of the Resurrection in Wheaton to overnight before groups depart Tuesday morning.
The total cost for Youth Assembly + Mission Trip is $349.00.
Click here for IMPORTANT information on what to bring, rules, and more.
- The $214 for the mission trip fee covers food, housing, guides and mission materials.
- Participants can register for Assembly only: cost $135.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from Assembly
- The mission trip will end on the morning of Tuesday July 4.
- Registration for both must be made in order to participate in both.
- Students (under 18) must be registered with a youth minister if they are not attending with a parent.
- Students will be housed in male and female dorms with roommates. (Do not select single room upgrade option.)
Youth Leader Registration Instructions
- Begin registration process for yourself. Start Registration
- At the bottom of the registration page, there will be a section “Additional Fees”. This is where you will select how many students will be attending with you.If the students will be attending both the conference and mission portion, you will need to check both the “Assembly Youth Ministry Attendee” and the “Post Conference Youth Mission Trip” boxes.
- If you are still estimating the number of students, please be conservative in your numbers. You will also likely want to select the “pay by check” option in order to make payment when your numbers are confirmed.
Participation is limited! Please get your registration in as soon as possible.
Parents must return this permission form for each participant, by June 22, 2017:
- No youth will be allowed to travel to this conference without this form already submitted to their youth leader.
- Send electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Young Anglicans office)
- Due by June 22, 2017
- Parent Permission & Medical Release Forms for minors attending the Youth Gathering, ages 13-18, are mandatory. Youth Leaders / Responsible Adults should send them electronically to Kelly King at email@example.com in the Young Anglicans Office. A hard copy should be kept in the possession of the responsible adult/youth leader while at the conference. This permission form is mandatory and should be collected by the youth leader or responsible adult.
Youth Leaders and chaperones must provide a copy of their current background check certification Young Anglican’s office.
- Due June 22, 2017
- Send to: Kelly King / firstname.lastname@example.org (Young Anglicans office)
Youth Leaders and chaperones must provide a copy of their current background check certification to Kelly King in the Young Anglican’s office, email@example.com, by June 22, 2017. Ratio of 1 adult for every 5 students is required for the Mission Trip and 1 adult for every 10 students while on campus at Wheaton College. Youth must be under adult supervision at all times.